The Art of Model Making
Complete CAD/CAM systems for professional architectural model makers
"Just the best tools for top quality models"
A reliable and well proven complete system, especially for
professional architectural model makers:
The CAD/CAM software CAMOD and the ZÜND milling and cutting machine.
- Professional quality.
- Simple, uncomplicated handling.
- Programmed for precision and efficiency.
- Direct machine control for milling, engraving, cutting and drawing.
- Consulting, installation, training and support, out of one hand.
It's that simple: CAMOD
- 2D CAD program, tested under Windows 10, 8 and 7 (64-Bit and 32-Bit),
based on our CAD4U software.
Special features for model making application.
- CAMOD is based on the CAD software CAD4U, extended by special features for architectural model making and direct output to the ZÜND machines.
- CAMOD's user interface is exactly the same as the CAD4U user interface. See the video movie of this user interface on the CAD4U page.
- A large amount of easy-understandable functions allow fast creation and editing even of complex drawings.
- Combined with a ZÜND Tool Plotter, you will own a powerful and flexible "Milling and Cutting Center" for model making.
- The Help feature assists you with on screen help pages for the choosen function.
The optional CAMOD keyboard gives you the fastest possible access to the most often used program features.
- Comfortable and easy.
- Converts tilted roof planes into their real sizes.
- Q-Spline-Curves for digitizing landscape plans.
- Layers: Use the layer system to organize the drawing and separate for example construction parts from milling contours.
- Work space: Place your drawn parts on the machine's working area and save expensive material by nesting drawing planes.
Milling, Engraving, Cutting
- Automatic calculation of CNC contours around logical planes, incl. consideration
of milling tooldiameter and
incl. automatic data sort.
Very powerful and fast feature, even with complex planes!
- Pocket milling algorythm, incl. "island consideration".
- Contour parallels for open geometries. This gives you full flexibility to deal with all kind of geomtries and to prepare them for being cut, engraved or milled by the ZÜND machine.
- Flexible PDF/DXF/DWG Import and Export features. In combination with the View Filter functionality, CAMOD contains everything you need to use the imported drawings as a base for new drawings or for direct output.
The exchange of drawing data via PDF, DXF and DWG became very import for the model makers.
- Direct output to ZÜND machines.
- Cutting of window frames, varnishing patterns, surface structuring, ...
- Milling of facades and other parts
with extremely small router diameters.
PDF/DXF/DWG Drawing Data Interface
The importance of drawing data exchange has dramatically increased in the last few years. Meanwhile also model makers get their customers drawing data as files. The PDF, DXF and DWG formats are the most important data formats for this application.
CAMOD has a powerful PDF, DXF and DWG data interface for import and export of 2D drawing data.
And it offers special filtering, editing and construction functionalities in order to use the imported files as a base for your part production.
- Thousands of short, straight lines can be replaced by arcs, using the Arc Segmentation feature.
Especially useful for editing imported drawing data (from PDF, DXF or DWG files), because it allows to reduce the amount of data for editing and output.
This is a great time saver!
- Closes gaps in imported drawings.
- Various data sort routines.
From map to model - CAMOD has a lot of features to support the production of landscape models.
In most cases you will get the landscape map as PDF, DXF or DWG file, which will be imported into CAMOD.
- Assign individual layers to each contour line by using the comfortable "Layer Levels" feature.
- Draw cutouts, drillings, etc. also on individual layers.
- Isolate all layers, belonging to a height level, add CNC Contours and file this drawing into CAMOD's library.
- Produce the planes by cutting or milling them out the choosen material.
- Labelling and assembling guides (drillings, guiding parts) are very helpful during assembling.
Of course you may also digitise or overdraw a landscape plan manually.
In case your customer is not able to offer it as PDF, DXF or DWG file.
It's important to structure such a 2D drawing into a height level layer structure.
BTW: 3D milling of large landscape models out of massive material blocks is not a recommendable job for a ZÜND machine.
Herefore a 5 axis milling machine is recommended, which is able to use large tool diameters.
Often several different sheets of material are combined when you assemble a scale model, because this offers the best impression of the choosen material and surface design. For example coloured acrylic glass, engraved facade surfaces, wood, ...
In CAMOD you draw the geomtry for all the different materials into one single drawing, separated onto different layers. All cutting and milling output results of this drawing will fit together perfectly, which looks excellent and is a real time saver during assembling.
A complete CAD software like CAMOD gives you all constructive tools for this job.
Scale, Engraving Pattern
Each drawing in CAMOD has it's scale and you're working with real units (m, mm, in, ...).
And you may change scale or unit whenever you like. This simplifies construction work and offers perfect feeling for the real size of an object.
If you draw for example a hatch pattern in scale 1:1 for a plane to be engraved, you may fill any type of plane in any scale with htis pattern. This is a very powerful feature for engraving surface structures.
For best assembling speed and quality you need a perfect model construction.
This roof construction is an example for "plug together kit" type of model. And it shows, that even very filigree structures may be produced, offering precise and fast assembling.
Make use of our experience. Since 1992
several sophisticated model-makers have
decided to use this specialized solution:
from Dublin to Sydney, from Hamburg to
Porto. Satisfied customers are our best references.
"You won't be happy 'til you own it".
We supply directly to model-makers. Installation and training by an experienced technician. This enables you to work efficiently after 1-3 days training.